EPFO, in April 2023, granted another extension for linking UAN with Aadhaar till March 31, 2024. EPF members can link UAN with Aadhaar both online and offline. You can submit a through any EPFO branch office or Common Service Centres (CSC) for linking UAN with Aadhaar.
Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) is a savings scheme administered by the Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) for the financial security of employees after their retirement. Private sector organisations with 20 employees or more must register with EPFO. Organisations or businesses that employ less than 20 employees can voluntarily register for the EPF scheme.
The EPF scheme has been designed as a retirement benefit scheme for employees. Every month 12 per cent of the basic salary and dearness allowance of an employee’s salary is deducted towards EPF while an equal amount is contributed by the employer.
Linking UAN with Aadhaar
EPFO issues a 12-digit Universal Account Number (UAN) to every employee who has enrolled under the EPF scheme. As per EPFO norms, all employees and unorganised workers must link their Aadhaar cards to their Employee Provident Fund (EPF) accounts.
“If your UAN is not linked with the Aadhaar number, your employer/establishment will not be able to deposit your monthly contribution from 1.1.2022. Hence, you’re requested to link your Aadhaar with UAN on or before 31.12.2021 if it is not linked already,” mentions the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) on the Member Sewa Portal.
However, EPFO in April 2023 granted another extension for linking UAN with Aadhaar till March 31, 2024.
3 Ways to Link Aadhaar With Your EPF Account
- Using the official EPFO portal.
- Using the Umang app.
- By visiting the nearest EPFO office
Linking of Aadhaar with PF Account Through Online Mode
The employee needs to follow the steps mentioned below to link his/her PF to his/her Aadhaar:
Step 1: Log in to the Unified Portal of Employees’ Provident Fund and click on ‘For employees’, followed by ‘UAN Member e-Sewa’
Step 2: Enter your UAN and password to log in to the portal.
Step 3: Click on ‘Manage’ on the top panel and then on ‘KYC’
Step 4: On the next page, under the ‘Add KYC’ tab, provide your bank, PAN and Aadhaar, passport, driving license, election card and ration card details. Then click on ‘submit’. After submitting, you can find these details under the ‘Pending KYC’ tab. Once approved by the employer (which would generally take 15 days), it will be shown under the ‘Approved KYC’ tab.
Linking your Aadhaar to the EPF account will help in a faster withdrawal and transfer process and for that, the present employer should have approved and verified the KYC including the employee’s Aadhaar details.
Linking of Aadhaar With PF Account Using Umang App
- Log in to the UMANG app using your ‘MPIN’ or the ‘OTP’ option.
- After logging in, navigate to the ‘All Services Tab’ and choose ‘EPFO’.
- Choose ‘e-KYC services’, under the EPFO section.
- Choose the ‘Aadhaar Seeding’ option under ‘e-KYC services’.
- Enter your UAN and click on ‘Get OTP’. You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number with your EPF Account.
- Key in your Aadhaar information.
- You will again receive an OTP on your registered mobile number and email address.
- Once the OTP verification is done, your Aadhaar will be linked to your UAN.
Linking of Aadhaar With PF Account Through Offline Mode
- An employee has to fill in the ‘Aadhaar Seeding Application’ form along with his/her UAN and Aadhaar number details along with other required information.
- An employee has to attach self-attested copies of his/her UAN, PAN, and Aadhaar with this form.
- An employee has to submit these documents at the field offices of EPFO or Common Services Centres (CSC).
- Once the verification is completed, the Aadhaar number will be linked to the employee’s EPF account. After that, the employee will receive a message on his/her registered mobile number.
How to Know if Your Aadhaar Number is Linked to Your PF Account?
You need to follow the steps mentioned below to know if your Aadhaar number is already linked to your PF account:
- Visit the official website –https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/.
- Log in by entering your UAN and password.
- The member homepage will open, and look for Aadhaar from the details displayed on the page.
- If ‘Verified (DEMOGRAPHIC)’ is written against your Aadhaar number, it is confirmed that your Aadhaar has been linked to your EPF account and it has also been verified by UIDAI.
What are the Benefits of Linking Aadhaar With Your EPF Account?
EPFO with more than 4 crore subscribers has instructed its members to link their Aadhaar with their EPF account to facilitate easy verification of details. Following are a few benefits of linking your Aadhaar number with your EPF account:
- You will be able to withdraw your PF online without an employer’s attestation. The complete process can be executed online in a hassle-free manner.
- There will be fewer chances of discrepancies and errors in the data when your Aadhaar is linked with your EPF and UAN, as your information remains consistent with your Aadhaar card information.
- Brings down the chances of having a duplicate account.
- After the linking is approved, your Aadhaar details will show under the ‘Approved KYC’ tab.
Financial and Business expert having 30+ Years of vast experience in running successful businesses and managing finance.